The Quaid-E-Millath Government college for Women was founded as a school in the middle of the Eighteenth Century by Ghulam Ghouse Khan Bahadur, the last Nawab of the Carnatic. In 1901, the British Government bought Umdah Bagh, the present campus and raised the Madarasa Institution to the status of a college, calling it the Government Mohamedan College. His Excellency, Lord Erskine,Governor of Madras opened the present main building on November 29th, 1934, 25% of non-Muslims were admitted from 1938.
To serve the cause of Women鈥檚 education in terms of educational enlightenment and social empowerment
To impart quality education with a view to future employment and inculcate self-learning so that learning becomes a life-long process with a special focus on the empowerment of women